Protecting Your Privacy
The carternz vision includes a strong commitment to providing you with the highest levels of customer service. This includes protecting your privacy. carternz is bound by the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988, which sets out a number of principles concerning the protection of your personal information.
The purpose of this document is to provide information on how carternz collects, uses and discloses your personal information.
Your personal information
Personal information held by carternz may include your Company name, contact name, current and previous addresses, telephone/mobile phone number, e-mail address, bank account or credit card details and occupation. We also hold details of your carternz products and services. If you choose not to provide us with the personal information we request from you, we may not be able to provide you with the services you require, or the high level of service on which we pride ourselves.
How we collect personal information
carternz collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you, when you provide information by phone or in writing, or when you submit your company details to us through our website;
- from third parties such as our related companies, carriage service providers, credit reporting agencies or your carternz;
- from publicly available sources of information;
- from the organisations identified under
'When we disclose your personal information';
- from our own records of how you use our products and services; or
- when legally required to do so.
How we use your personal information
Your personal information may be used to:
- verify your identity;
- assist you to subscribe to our products and services;
- provide and improve the services you require through a number of media;
- administer and manage those services, including charging, billing and collecting debts;
- inform you of ways the products and services provided to you could be improved;
- conduct appropriate checks for credit - worthiness and for fraud; . research and develop our products and services; gain an understanding of your information, business and advertising needs in order for us to provide you with better products and services; and maintain and develop our business systems, including testing and upgrading of these systems.
Your personal information may also be used by carternz to market its products and services to you. If you do not wish us to contact you for marketing purposes, please call 09 579 6580
When we disclose your personal information
- In order to deliver the products and services you require, carternz may disclose your personal information to organisations outside carternz. These organisations carry out our:
- printing and delivery activities;
- customer enquiries and database maintenance;
- mailing systems;
- billing and debt-recovery functions;
- information technology services;
- marketing, sales and telemarketing services; and
- market research.
Your personal information is disclosed to these organisations only in relation to carternz providing our products and services to you. carternz takes reasonable steps to ensure these organisations are subject to obligations of confidentiality or privacy in relation to the protection of your personal information.
We may also disclose your personal information to:
- your authorised representatives or your legal advisers (e.g. when requested by you to do so);
- credit-reporting and fraud-checking agencies;
- credit providers (for credit related purposes such as credit worthiness, credit rating, credit provision and financing);
- our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law;
- organisations that manage our business and corporate strategies, including:
- a transfer/sale of all or part of our assets or business (including accounts and trade receivables); and
- managing our corporate risk and funding functions (e.g. securitisation);
Help us ensure we hold accurate information
carternz takes all reasonable precautions to ensure the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of the information we hold depends to a large extent on the information you provide. That's why we recommend that you:
- let us know if there are any errors in your Company information; and
- keep us up-to-date with changes to Company information, such as your name or address.
You can access your personal information
You have a right to access your Company information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons. carternz reserves the right to charge a fee for searching for, and providing access to your information.
How to contact us
If you have any questions in relation to privacy, please contact us on 09 579 6580 between 9.00am and 5.00pm, Monday to Friday. Alternatively, you can write to our Administration Manager, at PO Box 132272, Sylvia Park, Auckland 1644